VTCT Level 5 Sports Massage Certificate
Our VTCT Level 5 Sports Massage Course includes 5 of our key modules which meet all learning outcomes for this award.
- Sports Injuries Upper Body
- Sports Injuries Lower Body
- Gait Analysis
- Neuro-Spinal Assessment & Treatment
- Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques
For established Level 4 therapists this course will increase your range of knowledge and skills, in turn enhancing your expertise to support your clients. The course offers a flexible approach allowing you to attend the modules in any order with completion of your final assessment within a 3 year period.
During each of the five core modules you will be guided on functional anatomy, plus the science underpinning various advanced therapeutic modalities. For the practical training you will learn skills and techniques that will enable you to plan, prepare, and apply a range of assessments and interventions beyond those included at Levels 3 and 4 in sports massage therapy, to further help clients recover from sports injuries and other conditions.
To register for the Level 5 course, you must already have a VTCT (or equivalent) Level 4 Sports Massage qualification, before attending the required 5 modules below. Your Level 4 qualification must demonstrate your competency in the following areas as they will be included in your course assessment:
· The Science and Practise of Manual Therapy including:
· Fluid dynamics
· Stretch Reflexes
· Tissue Adaptation
· Joint Function and Repair
· Advanced Functional Anatomy
· Assessment of Postural Imbalances, Pelvic and Spinal Alignment
· Active, Passive and Strength Joint Testing
· Assessment of Muscle Length, Function and Firing Patterns
· Soft Tissue Trauma, and Principles of Injury Management
· Active, Assisted and Advanced Stretching Techniques
· Understanding Client Assessment, Results, Analysis, and Treatment Planning
· Assessment of Soft Tissues and application of Advanced Techniques
· Neuromuscular Techniques
· Soft Tissue Release
· Myofascial Release
· PNF - Post Isometric Relaxation (M.E.T.)
· Psychology and Sports Injuries
· Legal and Ethical Aspects of Professional Practice
Other eligible applicants may include Foundation Degree and Full Honours Degree graduates allied to healthcare, and other professions such as Osteopaths, Chiropractors, etc.
Upon achieving this award you will be qualified to carry out a range of advanced soft tissue and other techniques in addition to those already practised from your Level 4 qualification.
Key Points - By enrolling on this course you will receive:
- A total of 11 days Practical Training including use of all Equipment
- Supported Self study including Online Resources plus
- Course Notes, Presentations and Video demonstrations
- VTCT nationally recognised and Accredited L5 Sports Massage Qualification
- A choice of Insurance Policies for professional practice
- Eligible to join the LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
- Flexible approach and 3 years to complete the course
- Loyalty Discount to continue your studies and professional development
Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy
You may wish to extend your knowledge and skill further to attain our Sports Therapy Award. This incorporates the 5 modules shown above, plus 2 further subjects:
- Taping for Sport
- Injury Rehabilitation
Please see further deyails of how to complete the additional 2 modules on the course page Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy.