Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy
Sports therapy encompasses a wide range of skills and knowledge to underpin competency in assessing and treating people, both in the sporting and clinical environments. A sports therapist will be proficient in helping people of all ages recover from injuries and sporting conditions, and return to any previous level of activity with minimal risk of further injury. This often entails guiding a person beyond being able to carry out normal daily activities, and back to being able to perform complex actions under differing types of physical duress.
To attain this award you must attend all 7 modules shown below, over a period of no more than 3 years:
- Taping for Sport
- Injury Rehabilitation (3 days)
- Sports Injuries Upper Body
- Sports Injuries Lower Body
- Gait Analysis
- Neuro-Spinal Assessment & Treatment (3 Days)
- Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques
You may also choose to take the additional course assignments making you eligible to gain the L5 VTCT Sports Massage Award in addition to our Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy. Please see webpage for separate fees.
Other eligible applicants may include Foundation Degree and Full Honours Degree graduates allied to healthcare with clear evidence of the above, and other professions such as Osteopaths, Chiropractors, etc.
To register for the Level 5 Higher Diploma course, you must already have a VTCT (or equivalent) Level 4 Sports Massage qualification, before attending the required 7 modules below and you may submit your Higher Diploma Course application for registration and assessment at any stage during your progression through the requisite modules. You do not have to enrol beforehand although you may wish to confirm eligibility prior to attending our course modules. We do suggest you enrol before advancing through all of the course modules so that you have a full understanding of the assessment criteria.
Your Level 4 qualification must demonstrate your competency in the following areas as they will be included in your course assessment:
· The Science and Practise of Manual Therapy including:
· Fluid dynamics
· Stretch Reflexes
· Tissue Adaptation
· Joint Function and Repair
· Advanced Functional Anatomy
· Assessment of Postural Imbalances, Pelvic and Spinal Alignment
· Active, Passive and Strength Joint Testing
· Assessment of Muscle Length, Function and Firing Patterns
· Soft Tissue Trauma, and Principles of Injury Management
· Active, Assisted and Advanced Stretching Techniques
· Understanding Client Assessment, Results, Analysis, and Treatment Planning
· Assessment of Soft Tissues and application of Advanced Techniques
· Neuromuscular Techniques
· Soft Tissue Release
· Psychology and Sports Injuries
· Legal and Ethical Aspects of Professional Practice
Other eligible applicants may include Foundation Degree and Full Honours Degree graduates allied to healthcare, and other professions such as Osteopaths, Chiropractors, etc.
Upon achieving this award you will be qualified to carry out diverse range of sports therapy interventions in addition to those already practised from your Level 4 qualification.
Key Points - By enrolling on this course you will receive:
- A total of 16 days Practical Training including use of all Equipment
- Supported Self study including Online Resources plus
- Course Notes, Presentations and Video demonstrations
- Option to take the VTCT nationally recognised and Accredited L5 Sports Massage Qualification as well
- Plus Sports Therapy UK Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy
- A choice of Insurance Policies for professional practice
- Eligible to join the LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
- Flexible approach and 3 years to complete all modules for this course
- Loyalty Discount to continue your studies and professional development