The Science, Assessment & Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries
(L4 VTCT Sports Massage)
This course comprising 4 practical training modules, online seminars, and home study, leads to a nationally recognised Level 4 Sports Massage qualification accredited by VTCT. The training will guide you through the requisite skills and knowledge to work with a wide range of people from recreational to the elite athlete using comprehensive assessment and advanced techniques to treat and rehabilitate a wide range of conditions. The course is validated by James Hallam and Balens for Professional Indemnity insurance.
You must have completed a Level 3 VTCT (or equivalent - see below) qualification in soft tissue massage, be physically able to do the work, have good communication skills and be at least 18 years old. Ideally you will have strong skills and experience in functional anatomy, palpation, joint movements and muscle actions before enrolling on this course. You must also be regularly treating clients.
If you are enrolled on our level 3 sports massage course, you must have successfully completed all parts of the practical training before being eligible to commence level 4, and will be eligible for our Loyalty Discount - see below for full details and eligibility.
Please note that we adopt the same criteria for Level 3 qualifications as The Sports Therapy Association and therefore we do not accept qualifications issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, Distance Learning Academy, Open Study College, BSY Group, NCFE or ABC awards and Active Health Awards. The STA do not recognise Level 6 Diplomas or Master Diplomas that do not appear on a qualifications framework for any membership category. Membership levels for the Sports Therapy Association are based on the industry agreed National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- 10 days Practical Training divided into 4 modules over approximately 6 months
- Supported Self study including Online Resources plus
- Text book, Course Notes, Audio Presentations and Video demonstrations
- VTCT nationally recognised and Accredited Qualification
- Options and flexibilty to progress advanced CPD courses
- A choice of Insurance Policies for professional practice
- Eligible to join the LCSP Register of Remedial Masseurs & Manipulative Therapists
- Interim payments in advance of each module, helping spread the cost of training.
- A 20% Loyalty Discount to continue your studies and professional development for advanced CPD courses.
See content for each module below.