First Aid for Sport & Exercise
(Emergency First Aid at Work) Course
Our course is Intended for anyone involved in sport or the workplace, and in any capacity whether as an employee, sports coach, fitness trainer, player, club official, sports therapist, or physiotherapist. The training is structured to offer practical tuition on how to administer immediate injury care in a safe and approved manner with some additional emphasis on joint and muscle injuries in sport. Injury prevention and safety in sport are also covered during the course.
All National Governing Bodies of sport and exercise require that teams, clubs, organisers and venues have made arrangements for the provision of first aid in fulfilment of the Duty of Care owed to athletes, spectators and others. The certificate is accepted by all sport and exercise governing bodies for Public Liability insurance purposes.
There are no prerequisites for this course and it is for anyone wishing to gain a recognised first aid qualification which is valid in both the workplace and in the sporting environment.
See Course Calendar for all CPD Course Dates.
The fee is £139 and you may claim 8 credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
Please note that there are no additional discounts available for this course.
Key Points - By enrolling on this course you will receive:
- 1 day Practical Training, including use of all Equipment
- Online Resources and pre-course reading
- Course meets all nationally recognised First Aid requirements
- Includes supporting Course Notes
- Tuition from highly experienced and qualified Instructors
- Conforms with other course co-requisites such as L3 and L4 Sports Massage
- Eligibility to continue towards L5 VTCT Sports Massage and our Higher Diploma in Sports Therapy