We offer fully accredited courses in First Aid for Sport & Exercise (First Aid at Work). Full course details, training dates, fees and application forms are shown below.
First Aid for Sport & Exercise (First Aid at Work)
All National Governing Bodies of sport and exercise require that teams, clubs, organisers and venues have made arrangements for the provision of first aid in fulfilment of the Duty of Care owed to athletes, spectators and others.
This course offers the minimum level of statutory first aid training for sports coaches, fitness trainers, club officials or anyone who could be called on to deal with injury or illness in the sport and exercise situation. The certificate is accepted by all sport and exercise governing bodies for Public Liability insurance purposes.
> Entry Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course and it is for anyone wishing to gain a recognised first aid qualification which is valid in both the workplace and in the sporting environment.
> Course Fees
The fee is £99 and you may claim 8 credits for Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
> Course Syllabus
- Legalities of First Aid: obligations, the Duty and Standard of Care expected of the first aider
- The Primary Survey in sport and exercise: AcBCDE
- Basic Life Support: Resuscitation Council Guidelines 2010, Adult and Child sequence, including Defibrillation demonstration
- Sudden Death Syndrome: incidence of major cardiac illness in athletic populations
- Management of the unconscious casualty, including head injury/concussion assessment: AVPU/Maddocks/referral forms
- Management of injury, illness and environmental scenarios: case studies and open forum - subjects discussed will include neck injury, bleeding, fracture, dislocation, soft-tissue injury, asthma, hypoglycaemia, fitting, heat and cold illness.
> Course Structure
The course will be held at BeActive Clinic in Hertford. All course materials and light refreshments will be provided.
6 Contact Hours (over 1 day)
The practical training will normally take place over at least 6 hours on one day although this may vary slightly.
An assessment of your practical skills will take place during the training which you must pass as part of the qualification.
On completion of the course delegates receive the nationally-recognised ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate which is valid for 3 years.
> Course Dates:
see Course Calendar for all course dates
> Ready to Enrol?
Please complete the online booking form whereupon we will confirm receipt and your place on the course.